Our sister site Team Twilight, made up this list of how to spot fake Twitter accounts of our favorite Twilight stars. Check it out below!
It’s a regular occurrence here on Team Twilight (and Team Taylor Lautner) that we get questions asking for Kristen, Rob or Taylor’s official Twitter. It’s been confirmed by the stars themselves, co-stars, Summit Entertainment, and official reps for the stars that they do not have public Twitter accounts. They may have private personal ones but it is VERY unlikely those accounts will be under their real names. So let’s review how to spot a faker. Keep in mind, I watch a LOT of videos and see how they act a LOT so I know a lot about these people. And while this is all in good fun, it’s also important to pay attention!
1) Do they speak English? If the person tweeting doesn’t speak English very well, it’s a fake. All three of these stars have high school level education and can write in a sentence that makes sense.
2) Do they speak like they are from their home country? If Taylor says “Mum” instead of “Mom” it might be a fake. If Kristen says “you lot” instead of something like “you guys” that might be a sign. Now, I suppose Rob might say something very American, but I don’t know what things AREN’T said in England, so I am not going to give an example.
3) Do they talk about Twilight all the time or quote the books or films? Personally, I am not thinking that any of these guys, especially R/K, would talk about Twilight that much.
4) What “friends” do they promote on their respective Twitters? A fake Taylor one lately has TONS of retweets about Awkward Moments, including one about a teacher. Taylor is not in school to have a teacher. Pay attention to the little facts.
5) Some of us follow these guys well enough to know their travel schedule. If they are tweeting about watching football at home when you know they are in Paris for a press conference, it’s a fake!
6) If it just doesn’t SOUND like the stars, it’s a fake. Kristen would very likely not say “I think English accents are sexy!”
7) As much as we love them, the stars don’t get our nicknames for them. If they use terms or have profile names like “Robsten” or “Kstew” or “RPattz” it’s HIGHLY likely that they are fake.
8 ) Do they interact with other CONFIRMED Twilight twitters? If three unconfirmed ones interact, then they might all be fake.
9) If they spend a lot of time telling you to follow people like Justin Beiber, Vanessa Hudgens, etc., then they are probably fake.
These are just a few items. Pay attention to what is being said. Most importantly, remember that mega-stars like R/K/T can get their accounts confirmed easily and quickly. If you have been following a Taylor for 6 months and it isn’t confirmed, it’s probably a fake.