Is there a Twihard in your life? Are you one of them? If so, you’re probably going to want to celebrate the release of Breaking Dawn, or any other special occasion, with a Twilight cake! With Jacob’s picture on it!
Well, doing so doesn’t require much work at all — unless you want to dedicate a ton of time and effort. It can be as simple as making a plain old cake (from a box, even!) and finding some decals to slap on the top. Piece of cake…
To get the process started, here’s a great cake recipe, and some inspirational videos with images of awesome Jacob cakes. You’re well on your way to a great Jacob cake with these short steps. If you want to really go all out, head to your local craft or cake decorating store for Twilight decals, sprinkles, and all that jazz.
Here’s a great vanilla cake recipe:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.
See a video and description of a Twilight Jacob cake here:
To see more, please visit: Zimbio